Bon Voyage System is one of the most used optimization software tools in the shipping industry and is installed on 6,000 + vessels worldwide.
BVS users will learn the most advanced features and functions BVS has to offer. Focusing on the various route optimization techniques, the methods we follow to calculate the optimum route and the way we can communicate with our office via the platform FleetDSS. Attendees will be amazed at how this powerful program can work for them.
Setup a new weather data request
- What is the role of the forecast’s resolution?
- Should I select all the parameters?
- How often should I get the weather updates?
- What is the different between the yellow and red thresholds;
- How important is to specify the wx thresholds before the optimization process?
Optimization process step by step
- Adding waypoints between departure and destination
- Avoiding the limitation of the BVS freedom to optimize your route
- How does optimization methods BVS offer and what are the differences between them?
- How can I compare two or more alternative routes?
- How can I transfer my route to ECDIS?
- After the departure how often does the optimization process should be repeated?
BVS and FleetDSS
- What is the FleetDSS platform?
- How can I send my route to the StormGeo and why this is important for my company’s operation department?
- February 23, 11-2 pm
- March 5, 4-7 pm
- April 19, 4-7 pm
- May 4, 11-2 pm
- May 16, 11-2 pm
- June 4, 4-7 pm
- June 20, 11-2 pm
- July 10, 4-7 pm
*This is a free seminar, duration of 3 hours for Deck Officers, Masters, Operators*